Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my wife to the wound care center yesterday about her toe. This is now the 4th toe on her right foot she's been there to have fixed because of poor circulation in the right leg. We thought having the leg roto-rootered and the stent would help, but...

So the Dr sits down takes a look at it, turns to the nurse and says
"Could you get me the bonecutter."

I think that phrase figured in 2 of my nightmares last night.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I wonder what a 'bonecutter' looks like.
My imagination is going wild. .... :eek:

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Sorry to hear that, PG. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Yikes! Yes, certainly the basis for a bad dream. I hope your wife is on the mend soon.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
The name bone cutter was not what anyone wants to hear. I hope things work out for your wife.. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
All I can say is ouch ...

A friend shot a nail into his ring finger while framing a house. He was taken to the emergency room. The doc says to the nurse to get the "tool box" and from what I was told it looked like exactly like it sounds A TOOL BOX. He pulled out some needle nose pliers and preceeded to pull the nail out. After novacain of course.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
EEEyow! I hope she's on the mend and feeling better. That had to sound at least a little shocking.

·
Administrator
22,148 Posts
He's got the bedside manner of George Patton.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Planeguy, it sounds as though the two of you have great attitudes. That's a very big help in making it through challenging times. I've added you and your wife to my prayers.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Well, there are far worse words you would like to hear your doctor say.

"OOps!" is one of them.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, there are far worse words you would like to hear your doctor say.

"OOps!" is one of them.
True - both "oops" and "uh oh" did come to mind too. :D

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
You and your wife are in my prayers Planeguy. I hope everything turns out alright.

·
Banned
650 Posts
A bone cutter for a toe would most likely a scalpel. There is little reason to cut a toe anywhere but in the joint. Those of you that have been in the VA and prayed for a friend to recover from an amputation know that when a bone is cut healing is long and slow with bone chips oozing up from the wound.

Given the wording of your dream you had one horrible nightmare. I pray you get a good nights sleep tonight and your wife is using the foot to kick you in the rear. ;)

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
A bone cutter for a toe would most likely a scalpel. There is little reason to cut a toe anywhere but in the joint. Those of you that have been in the VA and prayed for a friend to recover from an amputation know that when a bone is cut healing is long and slow with bone chips oozing up from the wound.

AAAAGGGHHHH
Now I'm going to have nightmares. .... :eek::eek::eek:

Given the wording of your dream you had one horrible nightmare. I pray you get a good nights sleep tonight and your wife is using the foot to kick you in the rear. ;)
:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a a**hole that doctor is!!! Can't he even come up with a cheeky euphemism for the device to use between himself and the nurse? And then take some time to explain the gravity with a little less of a hard fall? Next visit tell him that you want to show the antique testicle clamp you just got at the swap meet. Its a little rusty but surely your jewels won't care Doc!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts