·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elderly man says man he shot robbed him

10:17 PM CDT on Saturday, June 30, 2007
By JAY PARSONS / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

An elderly man shot a 31-year-old man who he said had robbed him at gunpoint late Friday night in northeast Dallas.

Charlie Andrew Myers III of Dallas was recovering Saturday from gunshot wounds in the throat and shoulder at Baylor University Medical Center.

Amor Kerboua, 79, was driving into the parking lot of his apartment in the 6400 block of Melody Lane, near Northwest Highway and Skillman Street, when a man police identified as Mr. Myers approached him, according to a police report. Mr. Myers put a handgun in Mr. Kerboua's face and demanded money, police said.

Thinking it was a joke, Mr. Kerboua pushed the gun away, but Mr. Myers pointed it at his face again. Mr. Kerboua opened his back door and handed Mr. Myers a cup containing $242.50. Mr. Myers then pointed the gun at Mr. Kerboua's stomach and told him, "I'm going to shoot you, [expletive]," according to the police report.

Mr. Kerboua then drew a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun from his front pocket and shot Mr. Myers in the throat. Mr. Myers fell to the ground but kept his handgun pointed at Mr. Kerboua, who then fired two more times into Mr. Myers' shoulder, police said.

Investigators released Mr. Kerboua, who has a concealed handgun permit, after concluding that he had shot in self-defense. Reached Saturday, Mr. Kerboua declined to comment.

Mr. Myers was expected to face charges after his release from intensive care.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When they gonna learn...old don't mean helpless!!!!!;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
[8D][8D][8D]Sometimes, I think society just donen't understand that
us "old guys" are just sick and tired of being picked on! A big "oorah"
for every one of us!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
How do them punks think we got this far in life. I know they think we are weak and stupid and that makes for a good mark. Surprise as we might be a little weaker but we are not stupid.

·
Registered
842 Posts
When you get to my age you have enough aches and pains as it is and sure don't need more. Especially from some young animal that thinks that robbing, threatening or just putting a A$$whupping or worse on an old man(or woman) is funny and the thing to do. More than a few oldsters tend to balk at this kind of treatment and sometimes resort to violence themselves. This can be very surprising to some of the younger bad boys and girls of today.!!:)
Baker

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
well us old folks have had to work very hard and we are not going to give it up. And this punk is going to be the laughing stock of the prison once its found out that he tried to do and what happened to him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts