·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems to me that the bullet travelled under 4 seconds and Jerry's about to fire another shot when he became aware that he hit the balloon.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I need to see a 1001 yard shot with a 357 now! Hmmm

I watched that again, & I can't help but call B.S. He's aiming 75 to 80' high? and a Red Dot covers most of a 12" target at a 100yds, so a 1000 yard shot? I'm not buying it.

Pretty cool tho!

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Amazing shot.

He did pop the balloon, but he really didn't hit it the shrapnel did.

·
Registered
300 Posts
120 foot bullet drop? wow!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I need to see a 1001 yard shot with a 357 now! Hmmm

I watched that again, & I can't help but call B.S. He's aiming 75 to 80' high? and a Red Dot covers most of a 12" target at a 100yds, so a 1000 yard shot? I'm not buying it.

Pretty cool tho!
+1 with you
I ran this thing several times. Jerry says that he is aiming 75 to 80 YARDS high, while he's at shooting point, then later says he's shooting 150 FEET high. I need to see a trajectory chart on that !! Let's just say, "LUCKY SHOT!", and by all of his gushy-talk, I think he thinks that, too!! Good trick, though. Wonder how many days he tried that?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I could do that - but not is two shots, maybe 200 but I could do it :D

BTW, now I know who is hoarding all the reloading supplies, did anyone notice that back wall :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Basically a Howitzer shot.

So can a 9mm be fired fast enough out of that barrel to do the distance.

Without looking it up I would say most likely yes.

Gives the impression he hit it second shot?

Got to think with a revolver assuming you know roughly the angle to fire at then the beaten zone would be quite large, he had a spotter but you could be a very long way off from shot to shot.

Now if he had it in a rig for repeatability and it took 100 rounds, maybe.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Thanks for posting, alayonruger.

I am anxiously waiting all the naysayers posting videos of their attempts at the same.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for posting, alayonruger.

I am anxiously waiting all the naysayers posting videos of their attempts at the same.
Even if I tried, I'd be lucky to hit the rectangular metal that held the balloon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
He didn't have to hit the balloon. All he had to do is hit the very large steel back plate. Still a good shot, but the whole presentation strikes me as disingenuous.

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Amazing shot.

He did pop the balloon, but he really didn't hit it the shrapnel did.
Exactly. Still impressive to hit the steel especially off hand but the baloon is a bit misleading. My handgun skills are nowhere near duplicating that.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I'd be happy just hitting the steel at that range with a 9.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I could do that but then you would all call b/s so I'll just do it in private.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts