1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ask him/her a question for seller and see what kind of answer you get. Look on the return email they send back on the bottom, it should say Hong Kong. eBay Money back guarantee. Feedback (72) no negs. Maybe ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ask him/her a question for seller and see what kind of answer you get. Look on the return email they send back on the bottom, it should say Hong Kong. eBay Money back guarantee. Feedback (72) no negs. Maybe ?
Ok, I sent them a question asking about their return policy, and also whether their grips are solid wood or laminate. The seller claims to have a 30 day return policy, and has very positive reviews.
I’m mostly looking for someone who’s actually bought one of these grips, who can speak to the actual quality of the wood. Rosewood in particular can have huge variations in appearance and quality. However, one thing I do like about this seller is that you’re actually purchasing the grip that you see in the pictures, so you can pick and choose the one you like from a collection of about two dozen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I ended out buying a pair of grips from their website (here: https://www.worldwidegrips.com/) for my colt model 3-5-7. Ive read some really positive reviews about the quality of their grips on several other forums, and I found a particularly handsome pair of rosewood grips on their home page.
Apparently shipping can take anywhere from one week to around a month due to shipping wood items through US customs, but I’ll make sure to post a review on here once I install the grips on my Colt. If I end out liking them, I might just order a pair for my gp100 as well!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally got the new grips installed on my colt 3-5-7. Shipping took about 1.5 weeks, which was quite a bit faster than expected.
Overall I’m super pleased! The rosewood is gorgeous and looks/feels extremely high quality. The finish is beautiful and smooth both in the inside and outside of the grips. However, when I first installed them, the fit wasn’t quite perfect: there was a small gap between the two halves on the front facing side of the grip (which you can see in the last picture I provided). I dremmeled a tiny bit of wood from the inside of each grip half right where it makes contact with the lower part of the trigger guard and that fixed the problem right up. The two halves now meet perfectly.
The best part is: they feel even better than they look! They’re nice and meaty, which I absolutely love in a grip (I have large/XL hands), and the checkering is just perfect, with just the right amount of palm swell for my taste.
Overall, I’m gonna give them 4.25/5 stars, with most of the deduction betting due to the poor fit initially. However, I would absolutely recommend these grips to anybody: they’re extremely high quality and an excellent value! I’m going to order a pair for my gp100 immediately!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, I will have to buy a pair soon. They look pretty nice.
They really are quite impressive.
I went back to their website to look for a pair for my gp100, but unfortunately they’re out of stock at the moment. I emailed Andy from worldwide grips, and he confirmed that they will be making a new batch of Ruger grips in the near future 👍.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Well I finally got the new grips installed on my colt 3-5-7. Shipping took about 1.5 weeks, which was quite a bit faster than expected.
Overall I’m super pleased! The rosewood is gorgeous and looks/feels extremely high quality. The finish is beautiful and smooth both in the inside and outside of the grips. However, when I first installed them, the fit wasn’t quite perfect: there was a small gap between the two halves on the front facing side of the grip (which you can see in the last picture I provided). I dremmeled a tiny bit of wood from the inside of each grip half right where it makes contact with the lower part of the trigger guard and that fixed the problem right up. The two halves now meet perfectly.
The best part is: they feel even better than they look! They’re nice and meaty, which I absolutely love in a grip (I have large/XL hands), and the checkering is just perfect, with just the right amount of palm swell for my taste.
Overall, I’m gonna give them 4.25/5 stars, with most of the deduction betting due to the poor fit initially. However, I would absolutely recommend these grips to anybody: they’re extremely high quality and an excellent value! I’m going to order a pair for my gp100 immediately!
Sweet looks. Look like Culina's. I don't know the cost of those, but I recently ordered grips from Altamont (nice wood) and I also needed to take a dremel to them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys! Just FYI: The owner of WorldWide Grips just emailed me to let me know he put a new batch of GP100 grips on his sight. I bought a pair right away, but if anyone else is interested, you should jump on it quick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts