Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Exalted One
1,803 Posts
I might be tempted to for a .22lr. Would sure make plinking more fun and save my (and the critters of this land) hearing. My horses don't like the sound of gunfire and upsets them enough to stop eating. This would solve that.

If the bill does pass (which it won't), I'd probably wait a bit until supply catches up with the immediate demand.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I would have to learn a lot more about their effectiveness and cost before I did.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Could care less one way or the other. Even if it did become legal I doubt seriously if I would purchase one. I kind of like the crack of a rifle, or pistol shot, or the boom of a shotgun or black powder arm.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might be tempted to for a .22lr. Would sure make plinking more fun and save my (and the critters of this land) hearing. My horses don't like the sound of gunfire and upsets them enough to stop eating. This would solve that.

If the bill does pass (which it won't), I'd probably wait a bit until supply catches up with the immediate demand.
I agree on the 22lr. especially with a 10/22. Something like those Yankee Hill suppressor barrels. Makes for a real neat look. BTW, I've seen ones that keep the supersonic rds supersonic and others that bleed off some gas to slow them to subsonic.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Definitely. A .22 caliber suppressor for my Sig Mosquito and a .30 caliber suppressor for a .300 Whisper AR build.

·
Premium Member
14,861 Posts
Sure would................never happen in the occupied territory! Would love to put one the Charger and a couple Glocks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Maybe. I primarily shoot my revolvers so they wouldn't be useful for most of my shooting situations. But if they come way down in price, there isn't some ridiculous tax on them and I can walk in and out of the store with one with minimal paperwork like I can most any pistol, I would really consider getting a few.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Absolutely would! Have a 300 whisper I'd love to put one on, just not compelled to jump through the hoops as well as pay the man the money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't ever need one and I kind of like being able to hear when someone is shooting near my house.

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
I would. It's the tax and the jumping through hoops that's kept me from owning one.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts