Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wooden grips. Any suggestions for care and treatment for wood grips on Ruger revolvers?!
What do you guys use to treat and care for them?
I just received my new Rosewood grips from Ruger.
*They fit quite well.
*They are lighter and more "orange" then the ones I have had before. (not a issue for me)
*A little thicker then the plastic ones. They seem to fit me very well/I will see how I like them when shooting.
*They might be a little thick for my 12yr. old granddaughter but we will find out next range trip. She loved the ones that came with it. I can fix this issue by getting another Wrangler or getting another Single Six!!!!
*Also received another Gun Tool. Can not wait to open it.
Ruger_Wrangler_004.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Wooden grips. Any suggestions for care and treatment for wood grips on Ruger revolvers?!
What do you guys use to treat and care for them?
Best treatment for wood grips is to wrap your fingers around them , hold and squeeze them.
Repeat often.

In truth the new Ruger "redwood " grips are laminated wood infused with stabilizer . They will not absorb anything and need nothing but love.
If you happen to scratch them they should just buff out . Gouges ,,, Meh,,,,, Caca Pasa.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that approach!

·
Count Ursunk
3,318 Posts
Renaissance wax works good for me. Wood and metal. Doesn't take but just a little dab and it works great on blued guns to keep the finger print smudges at bay. The rose wood grips on that revolver look nice!

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,055 Posts
Wipe with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid getting solvents on them. They do look good on your revolver.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts