Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all from Downunder,

Love my new Wrangler and have the single action bug now. Just curious to see how other Wranglers are holding up wear wise compared to mine. I've fired about 600rnds through mine so far in a couple of sessions and have noticed the cerekote is gone and the frame is starting to get etched around the cylinder gap. Sent a note to Ruger CS who replied all is normal. FYI my Wranglers's cylinder gap measures .008 for reference.

Not too concerned, I think wear makes firearms look better! Just interested to see how others are holding up.

Cheers

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,444 Posts
Cerakote finish is pretty durable but it is just a coating for cosmetic purposes only. As Cerakote wears, it may make the gun look bad but it should not have any impact on function.

I keep my Wrangler clean so it barely shows any wear after a couple bricks of 22 LRs …. mostly like yours, around the topstrap/barrel. I do not holster my Wrangler so the finish on the barrel and frame look like new. I'm still convinced … Wranglers are a lot of gun for the bucks.

·
Registered
11,234 Posts
Cerakote finish is pretty durable but it is just a coating for cosmetic purposes only. As Cerakote wears, it may make the gun look bad but it should not have any impact on function.

I keep my Wrangler clean so it barely shows any wear after a couple bricks of 22 LRs …. mostly like yours, around the topstrap/barrel. I do not holster my Wrangler so the finish on the barrel and frame look like new. I'm still convinced … Wranglers are a lot of gun for the bucks.
Agreed ... my P90 with the burnt bronze cerakote is holding up very very nicely, after a lot of rounds down the pipe ..

·
Ruger Aficionado
1,131 Posts
I'm headed for the bottom of my second bucket of Golden Bullets. Haven't been shooting since cold set in.

I don't have that erosion, but GB don't spit a lot compared to non-plated ammo.

Money well spent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.