Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my kids and wife surprised me with a Wrangler for Father's Day and we were able to put a couple hundred rounds through it.

Admittedly, I don't have a very refined taste in firearms, and I had never used any single action revolver before this, but I was quite happy with the way the gun feels and shoots. Seems pretty solid!

I did notice that one or two rounds of Agulia LR would not load into the cylinder, which I thought was really odd. I just tossed those aside and the next round I pulled out of the box loaded fine. My son's semi-auto ran through those rounds that would not load just fine.

What a fun gun!
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You're a lucky Dad indeed to get a Ruger Wrangler for a gift. Enjoy it!

BTW: My Single Six has difficulty loading some rounds as well. I think there was a discussion here on the cylinder diameter / clearance issue. Interestingly, I have not experienced the tight fit on my Wrangler, but it hasn't shot every kind of .22 lr ammo yet.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Congrats on the Wrangler and your fine family. You don't need a refined taste in firearms to enjoy a single action. Slow and relaxing. Experiment with different ammo as any firearm will have a preference. Contrary to popular belief, not all 22lr is equal. Clean the chambers every 50 rounds or so during break-in (3 or 5 hundred rounds). Have fun, be safe and welcome Carl167!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
If you find the operation of the loading gate "stiff" ... just get some spray lithium white grease and spray some into the area where the parts rub ... a couple shots worked wonders on my Wrangler's gate operation ...
I got one last year for Father's Day ... all black ...
You will have lot's of fun with it !
Gary

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you find the operation of the loading gate "stiff" ... just get some spray lithium white grease and spray some into the area where the parts rub ... a couple shots worked wonders on my Wrangler's gate operation ...
I got one last year for Father's Day ... all black ...
You will have lot's of fun with it !
Gary
Will do. Yes, lots more fun to shoot than my 9mm, by a lot!

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Enjoy the Wrangler! The more I shoot mine the more I like it.
*Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Ohio!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts