Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new wrangler, I chose it over the LCP II 22lr. I get it home and start a cleaning before I shoot, I notice the hammer pin and the smaller pin below it can be moved back and forth with a good force of a finger. neither will go all the way out in either direction but can be pushed back and forth from flush on one side to flush on the other. Is this normal?, thanks for any help

·
Registered
271 Posts
The trigger pin on mine does move a tiny amount. The hammer does not. Don't think there's anything wrong there, unless one of the star head screws holding things in is loose.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I think all is normal. Those pins are held in place by a retainer spring in a groove. A little movement back and forth would be ok.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,188 Posts
When I took the grip frame off my Wrangler, the hammer pivot pin fell out on the floor. After I reassembled the gun, the hammer pivot pin had some slight movement but nothing bad enough where it affected operation. The hammer pivot pins in my Single-Sixes or Blackhawks are tight and have to be physically pushed out to disassemble. You can feel a tiny bit of movement in the trigger pivot pin but as wproct said, the pin is secured by the loading gate spring so it isn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The hammer pin is retained by one of the bottom rear grip screws, and the trigger pin is retained by the loading gate detent spring. A little slack in the pins due to extra tolerance around these retainers will allow that little bit of slip back and forth, but they’ll never fall out when in use. Same design as all of the other New Model single action centerfire Rugers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts