Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please advise what wrench(es) works well with the SR-762, as well as ones which are best avoided? I don't anticipate removing the barrel, so am hoping one of the combination tools for AR-15/M4 might work. I'd prefer American made...the Magpul wrench looks good but pricey;, I queried Magpul but have yet to hear back. My immediate need is only to remove/replace the castle nut to install a sling mount, but I'd like a general purpose utility wrench. Suggestions, please? Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wrench for what? Just the castle nut? It's an AR, so the various combo tools will fit. Pick whichever one floats your boat, they are mostly the same. If American made is a priority, get the MagPul. I use a Tapco most often.

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wrench for what? Just the castle nut? It's an AR, so the various combo tools will fit. Pick whichever one floats your boat, they are mostly the same. If American made is a priority, get the MagPul. I use a Tapco most often.
Jeff
Thanks. Castle nut today, who know's what tomorrow? A reply to a query on Amazon about the Magpul stated "parts of this tool will not work with your rifle," w/o specifying what those parts might be, so I thought I'd try to get some clarity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts