Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I ordered a new Bartlein Gain twist 6.5 CM barrel from Matt, to be sent to Greg at Bugholes for completion for a drop in. I was getting ready to remove my factory barrel after hearing all the horror stories, I decided to get an action wrench for the receiver and use my armorer's wrench. The Handguard nut and bushing were a piece of cake, but after trying to fit my Wheeler Delta combo wrench on the Barrel nut, I realized it wasn't meant to fit. What the Hey.
I always thought any AR15 wrench would work, but not true. I really didn't want to spend $95 for an LRI action wrench,(which is probably a great purchase), so what is everyone else using for their drop-in replacement barrels on the RPR barrel nut?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Magpul armorers wrench

I used the MAGPUL ARMORERS WRENCH on mine.

I installed a 27 inch Bartlein barrel on mine from bughole and love it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I posted I decided to go ahead and get the Magpul armorer's wrench from Primary Arms. It was on sale for $52. It came today so I put it on the barrel nut tapped it with a 16 oz Hammer a couple of times and Wallah, it loosened immediately. I've heard so many horror stories, I guess I was just lucky. This was a practice run as my Barrel won't be ready for about two and a half months. Put put the barrel back on torque to 85 lb used my go and no-go gauge, all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts