Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, i'm a fan.........:p
Took the wife to the rastlin' matches for our aniversery last year and we got to see Ric Flair wrestle:D. We hooped and hollered like everyone else. Yes sir, painted women, midgets, good guys vs. bad guys, the whole show. Glad we did as all the hoopla recently seems to indicate he retired after gettin' beat last night.:(

Yes its fake, but still, its in my blood:rolleyes:. I still remember going to my first rastlin' match at the local Natl Guard Armory with my parents. As i remember we watched the Funks, VonErics, Ricky Romero, Lawman, etc. Thru my eyes back then, there seemed to had been a lot of older folks there. Especially little ole' ladies getting 3 kinds of mad when their good guy got beat and trying to hit the bad guy with their purses as they walked out of the ring.:D

Nowadays they seem to target younger crowds, but what the hey, still young at heart i guess...........

·
Registered
842 Posts
Use to like it but I seldom watch TV nowadays. Is Ric Flair still around? I use to watch it all of the time back in the old days before Vince McMahon. Gorgeous George, Jerry Lawler, Harley Race, Dick The Bruiser, Andre the Giant and newcomer Jesse Ventura. Many more I can't think of offhand. I watched from the safety of my living room though. The old convention Center in Louisville could get rough among the fans according to some of my friends:D
Baker

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, he's retired for sure now. They just had a long fare-well deal on tv with the 4 horsemen along with many, many, old and next gen wrestlers bidding him farewell-----think my wife teared up!

·
Registered
995 Posts
I alway preferred Roller Derby. At least I could go to the rink and play roller derby. Grandma didn't like it when I body slammed my little sister :O

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I remember when Ric Flair first started wrestling. In fact, I remember wrestling when Gordon Solie used to host it from Tampa, and the best tag team was the Kentuckians. That was back when Eddie Graham was wrestling and his son Mike was new on the scene...sort of lost intrest in it now.....

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I used to love to watch wrestling better than anything on TV. Now I hate it. I guess I am getting old, but it is just ridiculous to me now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts