Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
The initial runs had issues but they've since been taken care of. It's an interesting design. No first-hand experience with them but it's one I've checked out and looked into for a build. IMO, if you're to go to that expense for this parts, it's a waste to not go top-level on the rest of the build as well. Do it ALL or stick with a factory one.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
In your opinion what do you consider top level?

For what component? For a barrel, IMO, using any of the better aftermarket receivers is a waste unless you're going to go top-level the rest of the way too. By that I'd mean Kidd for about everything. Going that route I'd probably opt for a Kidd receiver as well. Optics shouldn't be downgraded either so that's Burris, Leupold or better. Then there's the assembly...bedding, etc and experimenting with diff ammo, the GOOD ammo to see which it shoots best. Spending the $$$ for all this to shoot cheap ammo...:rolleyes: Spending the $$$ for component, then skimping on another...:rolleyes:
Perhaps with the X-ring I'd also consider Whistle Pig as they're fantastic as well. Even then, cheaping out on the trigger, optics, ammo would be a disgrace and a waste.
Do you need that minute extra the $$$ might provide? Unless you're going for the utmost, upper level, the factory receiver/action will be just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.