Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XD .45 ACP Tactical along with my PT1911 which I posted on another thread. Since that post I've swapped out the factory plastic grips for a set of Hogue rubber wraparounds. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That's quite a duo you have there Taurus. [^] I have the same thing & they are both great pistols.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Kansas45, they are great indeed. Just curious, but did you leave the factory grips on your PT1911 or swap them out for something else? The majority of PT1911 owners I've spoken to or from posts I've read from ones talking about the grips, it seems around 98% - 99% changed theirs. While they'r really not all that bad, I can think of so many nicer types of grips available for 1911s. :D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Nice lookin' pair there!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I wish the XD fit my wallet like it fits my paw....14 rounds never felt so good...and .45, too!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
9mm,... Good move on the Grips...<:))

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you SgtKnuckles, IMO they not only look better than the factory grips but feel quite a bit better too. :D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Well Taurus I changed the grips. I didn't like the hard plastic ones that came on the gun, it didn't hve the wooden ones that some come with. I like the palm swell 1911 Hogue grips & that is what I
put on my PT. They don't let the gun move in my hand even when I'm sweating during a hot, summer day or when it's raining at a match or at the range.

And here are my XD 45's. A Tactical & a Service model.

I tried a Hogue fingergroove wrap around grip on the XD's but it seemed to slip around a little. I put a Decal Grip on the Tactical & used skateboard tape on the service. Not much difference in the two, but I like the skateboard tape better. It might be because it only cost about $7.00 for a roll big enough to make a lot of grips! I have found that it works good on the front strap of my 1911's as well. I have even put it on the front of the PT1911. I know that some of the guy's cringe when they hear about skateboard tape on a 1911, but it works good for me! :D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice Kansas45, our pistols could be brothers. :D

The grips on your PT1911 are very similar to the ones I have on my PT92. The Hogues just really feel good to the hand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts