Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded for a Springfield XD service model 45. I really would like to install a fiber optic front sight but have recently heard some horror stories about getting the old sights off even when using a press. Has anyone else heard of or experienced this? Any tips or just send the slide to someone such as Hiviz?

·
Registered
4 Posts
XD

I recently added the LaserLyte rear sight laser to my personal XD. Let me tell you, it was a HUGE pain. I am a gunsmith and I have never had a rear sight give me so much trouble. In the end, I had to cut it off with the dremel. I didnt need to touch the front sights, which is great because I have read the front ones are much worse than rear! My advice, take it to a gunsmith that way if something goes wrong, its not on you!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I think I will send the slide to Hiviz and let them do the deed. That way I wont kick myself for destroying my own gun.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
There's a guy on XDTalk forum (ajamesp51) who will do the install for free if you buy the sites for him, he gets great reviews.
His website is xd-hs2000.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts