Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a new gun break-in and troubleshooting day. Bought the SA XDs 45 yesterday for CCW. Think its a keeper. The mags were stiff for my cold hands. Its got a kick but the texturing kept it from slipping. Still beat up my hand after 35 rounds. No mechanical problems at all. Buddy has a brand new P238 and every mag had fail to feeds with WWB yesterday. His FFL guy said not to worry until after a 200 round break in. Happy with my 3 and 7 yards. 10yds opened up - more range time needed.
The Hi Point 45 had a light strike yesterday but was fine today. The Browning BDM is still hitting low. Winchester 9mm NATO did better than WWB JHP ammo. So NATO will be range ammo just need to find a JHP round. Also going to seek a 2nd opinion on this one once I arrange some more training.
XDs 3 yds at the head - very 1st shot was a flier. 7yds center of mass - 1st shot flier again and strung out.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice report, I've been wanting an XDs since they came out. I have a couple 9mms but the 45 is definitely my caliber of choice.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fell in love with 45s after renting a 1911. Gander had the XDs and SR1911 in stock. It was really tough not opening a line of credit.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
A friend of mine has one, and was kind enough to let me shoot it. After a few rounds, I noticed that the knobby checkering was becoming painful, but it's not a plinker after all. His was accurate, and shot where I aimed it, with no failures of any kind. I think Springfield has a winner.

·
Registered
17,109 Posts
I love mine too. I even like plinking with it and was surprised how accurate it is even out to 90+ yards. The last time i went through a 100 round box of cheap Federal 230gr and was only going to shoot a few JHPs to check reliability, but shot them all. I had to go buy more JHPs and 200 practice rounds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts