Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at the XS Sights Big Dot or Standard Dot for a SP101 3" .357. Which do you prefer and why? The Big Dot is .205" high and the Standard Dot is .180" high. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I prefer the big dot if you are going to have XS at all. You get these for visibility, and they are equally unsuited for the sight trench, so get the more visible one.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Well I guess I'm going to be the odd duck, I put small dots on my two ARs.

They match up with the rear peep site just great. Ya I know, different application but just input from afar.

I can say that the instructions and packaging was first rate, however, and I support the OPs decision to go XS on the SP 100%.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have meprolight on my sp101 and like it. I recently put a big dot(the biggest one) on my g26 and like it very much for a close range weapon. I would not mind the big dot on my sp but not going to spend the cash now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have the Standard Dot on my SP101. I had the Big Dot on it. Up close no doubt the Big Dot might be better but for me it covered up too much target to see what I was doing further out. To me the Standard Dot is still very prominent when doing quick aiming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I were using my 3" SP101 for defensive purposes, then the big dot is what I would go with. I have the set on my Colt Commander and am able to acquire the front sight quickly.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
I went with the Standard Dot XS sight on my 2.25" SP101...I prefer it over the Big Dot version for improved accuracy while sighting.

The Big Dot doesn't let you get much accuracy with longer-distance shots! Of course, if you're using it more as a belly gun...the Big Dot will work just fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts