Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering changing the stock sights on my 4" GP100 to the Standard Dot Tritium sights. Has anyone installed them on their 4" GP100 and how do you like them? The stock sights are not easy for me to see even if I paint the front sight white.

·
Banned
650 Posts
With all due respect, I don't see what you have to lose by changing the existing sights. The stock 357 mag sight is hard to see. Unless I am shooting during the bright part of the day I cannot see the stock sight. Late in the evening towards twilight all I can see is the white dot I painted on the front sight.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I don'the have the XS signs on my GPS 100, but I did replace the factory signs with the sight theft has the orange insert. Really made a big difference foe me. I did install the XS sight on my LCR .357 and they work great also.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I like the XS Dots a lot and have them on an SP101 and on my Alaskan. Does XS have a Dot available for the front insert for the GP100 or is your 4" GP100 a fixed sight version?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm a big fan of XS sites. I've put them on both of my ARs and I plan on putting them on my GP some day. Probably the smaller size to start with.

I think they're a great idea for my carry 1911 too. I think the idea that your front and rear sites all be the same white dot is pretty dumb actually.

Get that front site identified and on the target ASAP and the faster it is to recognize the faster you can get it where it belongs.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have an XS Standard Dot on one of my 4" GP100's (target sight) and I love it.

I'm putting one on my new TALO 6" when I get it.

The front sight is the same width as the factory sight, I don't lose any accuracy but it's a lot quicker for snap shooting.

On the other hand I tried the Big Dot and hated it, just too big and worthless past 10 yards.

XS sights, you either love them or hate them.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I agree with ExArmy11B. XS makes a sight set to replace the existing sights on adjustable sight models. In the past have tried the Big Dot on a SP101 and wound up much happier witht he Standard Dot which is still pretty big and I don't have the best eyesight.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I bought the HiViz front sight because it was a lot less $. It comes with red, green, and white pipes. I've tried them all and think the green is easiest for me to see.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like the XS Dots a lot and have them on an SP101 and on my Alaskan. Does XS have a Dot available for the front insert for the GP100 or is your 4" GP100 a fixed sight version?
Waveform,

The front sight on my 4" GP 100 can be removed by pushing back a release pin. I'm waiting on XS sights to get back to me regrading and verify the correct model number for their sights.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
According to XS Sights item number RP-0003S-4 will fit the 4" GP 100 with the spring loaded front sight and adjustable rear sight. I'll be ordering the sights in the next few weeks. I'll let everyone know if they fit or not

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I need contrast & just swapped out the Ruger black that came on the latest GP with Ruger's orange-insert front.
Works fine.

Prefer it over the XS dots here.
Denis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts