Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after much research and discussion I've decided to try the XS standard dot sight on my LCR 9mm.

Yes, I've seen the disclaimer that it won't regulate on the 9mm but I've got to give it a try. Seen too many LCR 9mm's with the standard dot to not give it a shot.

Will report back once I have it installed and have shot it. The current white stripe front ramp works just fine but not in the dark. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm looking forward to your report. I put the Hi-Viz sight on mine, works great in the sunlight, not so well in a dark range stall.

What is the deal with the 9mm? Saw that their catalog (online) says .38/.357 only, and your post says "regulate".

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Yes I read that as well I was looking for something for my .22 Magnum LC. Going to use some of my Valspar glow in the dark paint for now its working on my SP101. May be something else will show up!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How'd it go with the XS sight Palmetto? It's been a yr lol
Never did find out! I realized how much I hated the recoil of the 9mm that I traded it after installing the XS sight but before I shot it with the XS sight installed. Actually getting ready to install it on my .38 LCR...

It's a shame about the 9mm. I loved almost everything about it. The idea of being able to standardize my carry load to 9mm, the moon clips (loved them, never had a problem even carrying them unprotected in my pocket) and the ballistics of 9mm vs the .38. What I didn't like and even hated was the weight. Just slightly too much for pocket carry. The recoil. Yes, snubbie revolvers aren't range guns but this one just hurt and wasn't any fun to shoot. And finally the crimp jump made me distrust it for SD. I had some aluminum cased blazer that the bullets just fell out of the case after firing the first 2 or 3 and even with defensive ammo such as Hornady Critical Defense and Liberty Civil Defense the bullets moved enough to make me distrust it for CCW.

Went back to the .38 LCR so that I could comfortably carry in my pocket and easily download practice rounds. I'm going to put the XS standard sight on my LCR .38 soon and I'll let you know how that works out!

Thanks for the follow up question and Merry Christmas!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts