Ruger Forum banner

Yeah buddy!!

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Idaho-45-5R 
#1 ·
About two years ago, I traded an old Ruger Blackhawk .45LC to my BIL for a brand new-NOS SKS from China that his Dad had bought a bunch of waaaay back when they were really cheap. It had never been fired.
It was nothing special, just a 4-5/8" blued version with some faux Ivory grips I got off of Fleabay and put finger grooves in like John Wayne's revolver in his movies. Got it at the Spokane gun show quite a few years ago for $290.
Soooo about two weeks ago I texted him and told him I wanted my revolver back and I'd give him $300 for it. I really like that old gun! He said he wasn't going to be back in town for who knew how long.
So I got a bit antsy...……….…..
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Finger Trigger Revolver

I ordered the steel ejector rod housing last night. It's on back order so I guess I'll just wait patiently. Yeah right!
Anyway, I've a bunch of 200 grain round nose lead bullets leftover from my CAS days. I've over 1000 of them so I guess I can do some reloading. The ones in the picture are some that I loaded up in some Duke brass.

See less See more
#10 ·
A lot of folks think 5.5" barrels are the perfect length for a handy sixgun. I think the 4 5/8" is the perfect length for "handiness".

Nice find.

I haven't gotten into .45 Colt (yet?), but I really like my .357 mag short-barreled Blackhawk.

Aqualung

#13 ·
Uncle Squib, Looks like a Nice 45 Blackhawk!!!! And the "Duke" Brass is VERY COOL!!!! I picked up a Flattop Blackhawk 45LC/45ACP convertible a while back that's 4 5/8" barrel. I really like that length for 'portability'. My Flattop came with the 'Faux Ivory' white plastic grip panels that look nice, but, I'm thinking of getting a set of the Black plastic grips for out "knocking-around'!!! Good Find!!!! Have fun with the new Blackhawk!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.