Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another variation on a theme I know. The Cerakote is Graphite Black and the high polish was expertly done by Patriot Gun Metal Polishing, a supporting vendor here on the forum. Patriot does amazing work - this is just a sample.

The grip is by Eagle, rosewood as I recall. I had it in my grip bin and thought this one deserved a nice set of wood stocks.

I have a birdshead Vaquero 357 project in the final stages and I can't wait to get it over to Patriot for the polish job. Excellent work at very reasonable rates.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Man oh man oh man. That looks sooo awesome. Makes mine look like crud! :p

Awesome product, Wave. You really upped your game! :cool:

·
Registered
17,166 Posts
That sure is a good lookin two tone you've got there. The dark grain in those grips really make it pop.
Is it stainless, and was it polish then paint, or paint then polish?
I'm continually impressed by Patriot's work.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sure is a good lookin two tone you've got there. The dark grain in those grips really make it pop.
Is it stainless, and was it polish then paint, or paint then polish?
I'm continually impressed by Patriot's work.
It was a stainless steel 1751 in 38 special, re chambered to 357 Magnum, slab sided and engraved with the RUGER GP100 and 357 MAGNUM. Patriot polished out the slab sides, cylinder, hammer, hammer pin, trigger, ejector rod, ER pin and cylinder release button. I prepped and applied the Cerakote after the polishing and then reassembled it as you see it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
A Ruger "PINTO" I Luv It!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
And this is a bad thing why?

Or, put it another way. If you thought you might have a drinking problem, you'd go to a bar for some support?

BTW, that just may be the sharpest looking revolver I've seen in awhile.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And this is a bad thing why?

Or, put it another way. If you thought you might have a drinking problem, you'd go to a bar for some support?

BTW, that just may be the sharpest looking revolver I've seen in awhile.
Haha! I've always said this forum was like having AA meetings in the local tavern. Just a bunch of enablers here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow! That looks incredible, Wave! Great choice on the grips. You've got a great eye! The whole package looks really classy. Almost elegant. I'm impressed!

Glad I could make a small contribution to the project! Definitely looking forward to the Vaquero!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Sharpest looking one yet Wave. They just keep getting better.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Outstanding results! You have created a "I want it" GP100!! Real nice custom work.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
That is really sharp. A nice birthday present to yourself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts