Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the LC9, my first new gun purchase in many years. I lurked around and got a lot of valuable information from this site, so thanks for that.

I have been shooting since 12 years old and have owned a good number of rifles, shotguns, revolvers and pistols. It was amazing to see how technology has progressed and affected modern weapons. I brought the LC9 to the range yesterday and was amazed at how well it works. It's got great feel, shoots well and had no problems.

I had a CCW permit from the State of Maine when I lived there but it has long expired. I found that since we have concealed carry here without a permit many palces that previously did the CCW courses have ceased to do so. I think that's unfortunate as the course provided lots of important information to people who intend to carry a weapon. I'm going to take the course anyway as I do travel outside of the state and we have reciprocity with most of the places I go (except of course California and New England). I take frequent long trips on my motorcycle and carrying for personal protection takes the worry out of being in remote places alone.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
AZUD ... Welcome from SW Ohio & congrats on your new LC9 ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
howdy and welcome to the forum from me in middle Dixie.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome from an LC9 owner in Iowa.

Used to live in Harpswell Neck, Hampden, and Bangor. Maine has the most accessible beauty of any state that I've lived in. Love those lakes. (Alaska is stunning, but not as usable.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome from an LC9 owner in Iowa.

Used to live in Harpswell Neck, Hampden, and Bangor. Maine has the most accessible beauty of any state that I've lived in. Love those lakes. (Alaska is stunning, but not as usable.)
I know those areas well. I lived in Lucerne on Phillips Lake and have many friends in Bangor, Brewer and Hampden. Lovely place in summer, especially if it comes on a weekend.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia. Great place to be, you will like it here.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum, enjoy

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Glad to have ya.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.