Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,........today me and my new (to me) Ruger P97 that I paid $250.00 for got busy. I put alot of lead down range. After about 150 rounds the magazine would not stay in the pistol. I pull the triger and the gun goes "BOOM" the mag would hit the dirt. I thought some how I was hitting the mag release but I checked it and I was not hitting the mag release. I gave the gun over to my friend and he shot it and the same thing would happen to him, after every shot the mag would release. We took it into the house and sat at the dinner table with the gun trying to figure out the problem. I grabbed the box and was look at the instruction book and found a plastic bag with 4 mag release buttons and 4 springs. This tells me someone had a problem with the mag release. Has anyone had a problem like this before?? What can I do to fix the problem and what is the problem?? Any help would be nice. I really like the way this Ruger shots, feels, and looks...But I need a pistol thay works. My friend was surprized that a Ruger was doing this due to he has had Rugers before and he states that they are a solid weapon.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I carried my P97s belly carry and my DAO would release the mag in my belt often-real light touch-I called and they sent me two new ones and , I think, springs-I changed it and not much difference-never had one pop out shooting, though---DO NOT get discouraged-you got a honey of a deal on a superb weapon-even if you had to send it back....I'd buy one a month at that price-even if I had to cut back on my vittles!!!!! Just a little teeny glitch to be fixed--are the mags factory mags? I'd never use anything in a Ruger but Ruger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts