Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, but I just spent a couple hours collecting sticks from my backyard, putting them in a barrel, lighting them on fire, and drinking beer while I feed the barrel and watch it burn. I don't know why burning stuff is fun, but it is. And I get credit for 'working around the house!'

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by Taurus_9mm

I'll come over if you have hotdogs and marshmallows. :D
Look, I'm already providing beer. You can't bring yer own marshmallows?!?:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Neighbors like that are rare and hard to find.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You gotta drink the beer early and hold it in case the fire gets outa hand, right?!!! All in the line of duty....

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I always said that Beer Taverns and Coffee Shops could make more money by giving Beer and Coffee away and charging for using the Bathroom. :)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
A few years ago, in the middle of one of the coldest Januarys in recent memory, I got a knock on the door. I was surprised to see my neighbor wearing a rabbit fur bomber hat and holding a six pack. I was even more surprised when he said “The guy across the street Van is on fire, come on, I got the beer, lets go watch before they get it all put out.”

Apparently, the motor had caught, and the fire had made it into the passenger compartment and was going all the way. The fire department had been called and there was nothing to do but watch it burn. The beer was freezing in the cans and the smoke was black as midnight, but we watched until the fire department came and put it out. The owner came home later, and told us that it was insured and that he wanted to get rid of it any way, I guess it worked out for everbody.

It was a good afternoon, in a redneck sort of way!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
For it to qualify as a redneck good afternoon, the beer had to be Pearl or Dixie!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Sheepdog,

LaBatts Blue as I recall. I don't think you can even get Pearl or Dixie in these parts. They any good?

Michigan necks get awful pale in the winter time! :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
May it ever be so...Pearl and Dixie were one notch above owl p...-you ain't missed nuttin'....and Labatt's Blue happens to be my favorite all-time beer....see, we got lots in common......and we're both art lovers...you like to admire Van go......:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And how many Labatts have you had tonight?...even my MOTHER won't laugh at my jokes.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts