Ruger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Personally, I don’t give a damn. If the people of CA accept such nonsense, then they have to live with the consequences. That’s try for Washington ans Oregon too. I think weird energy is emitted from the Pacific Ocean. The whole west coast is nuts. Conquering global warming, which I accept as true, one lawn mower at at time is futile. Today CO2 can be burned up at it source, absorbed by new types of concrete, absorbed by more trees and plants. Why don’t they adopt rags to foster cures rather preventatives. Why? because they only care about satisfying liberal do-Goodyears who,have failed to understand we need to counter CO2 not try to,stop it. I love living in PA.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I think they want to get that done by 2024. They had a chance to vote that idiot out of office on the recall election, & chose to keep him. Evidently the majority of voters in CA are a glutton for punishment. Energy sources have to go through several stages before they are proven, & taking away our fossil fueled vehicles, & equipment, and/or trying to make fuel so damn high thinkin that will drive us into total electric is pure craziness. If any electric product is a good value, dependable, & lasts, it will sell itself, you won't have to force it on anyone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Unfortunately, most of those who leave still vote blue.
Actually I've run into more that vote red than vote blue. I think it's the left's wishful thinking that the exodus will influence and turn other states "blue." The left has been wishing and hoping and have been saying this about Texas for years, yet TX always votes red.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Actually I've run into more that vote red than vote blue. I think it's the left's wishful thinking that the exodus will influence and turn other states "blue." The left has been wishing and hoping and have been saying this about Texas for years, yet TX always votes red.
In the last six presidential elections in Texas, the votes for the Democrat candidate by percentage were as follows…
2000. 38%
2004. 38%
2008. 44%
2012. 41%
2016. 43%
2020. 46%
Trump got 52% of the votes in each of the last two presidential elections in Texas. There were other states that were over 60% for Trump. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to bash Texas. Texas looks good on a map of how the counties voted. But when you count total votes, I fear Texas may be slowly sinking.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Personally, I don’t give a damn. If the people of CA accept such nonsense, then they have to live with the consequences. That’s try for Washington ans Oregon too. I think weird energy is emitted from the Pacific Ocean. The whole west coast is nuts. Conquering global warming, which I accept as true, one lawn mower at at time is futile. Today CO2 can be burned up at it source, absorbed by new types of concrete, absorbed by more trees and plants. Why don’t they adopt rags to foster cures rather preventatives. Why? because they only care about satisfying liberal do-Goodyears who,have failed to understand we need to counter CO2 not try to,stop it. I love living in PA.
It's easy to be smug until it happens to you.
In the 60's and 70's OR was conservative too.
Governor Tom McCall was known for the border sign inviting the californians to VISIT but to be sure they went back home afterward. It worked but only for awhile.

When it comes your way be assured I won't give a damn either. :)
My point is that "divide and conquer" is one of the left's favorite tricks, but if your willing to write OR off I'd be a fool to offer you any support when your time comes.

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
592 Posts
I have also met a few who at least say they will or say they have voted red.
But I have also met Kalifornians who say they like Texas, but also think bringing "good Kalifornia laws" here would make it better.
As a Texan, there is nothing we love more than people moving here and then saying how much better things could be if we would just change this or that.... :ROFLMAO:

In the last six presidential elections in Texas, the votes for the Democrat candidate by percentage were as follows…
2000. 38%
2004. 38%
2008. 44%
2012. 41%
2016. 43%
2020. 46%
Trump got 52% of the votes in each of the last two presidential elections in Texas. There were other states that were over 60% for Trump. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to bash Texas. Texas looks good on a map of how the counties voted. But when you count total votes, I fear Texas may be slowly sinking.
I been watching that trend as well.
Beto came pretty damn close to unseating Ted Cruz.
In fact, it was the closest U.S. Senate race in Texas since 1978.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's easy to be smug until it happens to you.
In the 60's and 70's OR was conservative too.
Governor Tom McCall was known for the border sign inviting the californians to VISIT but to be sure they went back home afterward. It worked but only for awhile.

When it comes your way be assured I won't give a damn either. :)
My point is that "divide and conquer" is one of the left's favorite tricks, but if your willing to write OR off I'd be a fool to offer you any support when your time comes.
I am not the “smug” type. If it happens to me in PA I will simply move to AZ.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Do they make battery powered outboard motors ?
How do you power your RV ? Solar Panels?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vermont was one of the most conservative states. Then in the mid 60s people moved in from NYC, NJ, Conn, etc. Now it is one of the most liberal. Fortunately I'm retired and live in the country so I don't have to deal with too much woke crap.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
The PRK has not had an honest election in decades. It is a dictatorship. It was a great place in the 50's but started to die in the 60's. Idiocracy is the correct name for it.

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
592 Posts
I’m not familiar with the actual numbers, but if a nut like Beto could challenge Cruz… that’s just scary.
Beto 48.3%
Cruz 50.9%

·
Registered
141 Posts
Beto 48.3%
Cruz 50.9%
Yikes! I didn’t know that. Luckily I live in a pretty free state where gun rights are concerned. Reading some of the other posts here regarding Leftist infiltration, I think the plan is to just move to another state and hope you die before they take over the country. I don’t have a good answer, but that doesn’t sound like a very good plan. I’m thinking a catastrophic event could drastically tip the scale.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I am not the “smug” type. If it happens to me in PA I will simply move to AZ.
That should work well for you as long as your health, finances and the conditions in AZ all converge positively.
Then all you'll have to live with is running from the problem instead of taking a stand.

21 - 40 of 116 Posts