Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on waiting lists from a couple gun stores. a local bixbox store got in a DPMS ar15 for $1000. that i picked up a few weeks ago.

today, a small local gun store, about 20 minutes away called and said they had a bushmaster .223 carbon 15 for sale... $799.

considering the MSRP is 934.99, its nice to see that a small gun store, based on true value, is not using this time to get rich quick.

sadly though, the wife said no, so im left with only 1 ar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah no kidding. if it was another ar15 that shot 7.62 or something, i'd do it. but i guess i really don't have a need for two .223 ar15's.

other than to be a jerk, and sell one at double value.

·
Registered
722 Posts
One for the wife, LOL! His and Hers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sure someone else will come along who will look at it like their dream coming true and pick it up. I don't see any harm if you don't need it at the time. Might as well leave it for someone else to enjoy.

Price was not bad though for the panic going on. about a week before Christmas my LGS had a Bushmaster Carbon 15 for $709.00.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have no use for an AR style rifle but I may have bought it and resold it just to make a couple hundred bucks in today's world I still would have made someone very happy selling it for $1000

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What no 5.56??? Bah humbug!
yeah, it also shoots 556

You would have had to turn it in for scrap metal soon anyway ;)
i'm guessing you're joking! lol, but if not, or rather, regardless, there is 0% chance there is a nat'l ban on any guns. obama would be impeached if he did it.

Things must be getting better, My LGS had new bushmasters and AK pistols in stock.
agree.... a pawn shop in town had 2... they were way overpriced, but one i still want $1600, fixed stock, 308/762, 20" bull barrel.... a coyote dropping MACHINE

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
My guess is you really didn't want one that bad and your wife sensed it and told you what you were already thinking.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
I was on waiting lists from a couple gun stores. a local bixbox store got in a DPMS ar15 for $1000. that i picked up a few weeks ago.

today, a small local gun store, about 20 minutes away called and said they had a bushmaster .223 carbon 15 for sale... $799.

considering the MSRP is 934.99, its nice to see that a small gun store, based on true value, is not using this time to get rich quick.

sadly though, the wife said no, so im left with only 1 ar.
why would we hate you? you're the one that made the dumb decision.

·
Registered
342 Posts
you can only fire one at a time. good job.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well I would have jumped on it. But then I don't have one yet. Missed my chance just before Christmas, what with buying stuff for others and all that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts