Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, all!

I've recently caught the firearm bug, and am awaiting the components for a semi-custom 10/22 which I'm building/assembling. It will be based on the Magpul Hunter X-22 stock, and therein lie my questions:

What are the different styles of mounting for bi-pods, in general? I'm trying to determine what, (other than Picatinny, which I generally understand), the options are, and how they work.

Also, can anyone recommend a specific bi-pod for a 10/22, or a specific manufacturer that makes excellent bi-pods?

Thank you all for your time!

Tim :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Neon! I meant to do more of an introduction, but my questions took over my train of thought. Hehe.

How do you like living in Tennessee? My wife and I have interest in possibly moving there, someday.

·
Registered
17,260 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,551 Posts
Welcome from Nor-Cal!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the welcome messages! :)

I'll take a look at the 10/22 forum. And I will definitely post photos and information once the components arrive, and are assembled.

Thanks again,
Tim

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome from NH.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the Forum from Georgia!!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the continued welcomes! It's much appreciated, and is nice to see how friendly the forum is.

Contended, I'll definitely keep everyone updated on the build. It's definitely a budget build; around 500.00 USD (iron sights, no optics yet), so it won't be anything real fancy, but I have high hopes that it will be a fun. It was also an educational experience, just to determine the components I needed to assemble it. Also, it will have a bit more sentimental value, (and hopefully quality/accuracy), than if I'd bought one straight off the shelf. Always room to grow with the 10/22... not like I could run out of "Oh, that's shiny..." things to add to it/replace/upgrade on it. :D

Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Welcome from Indiana. Glad to have you in the family. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.