Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excluding any firearms which you may have inherited or have had given to you, what has been your best deal price-wise?

Mine was for my Taurus Tracker .357 Magnum. I purchased it LNIB for $260.00. Inspecting it, it didn't even appear to have been fired. And if it had been, I think it hadn't seen more than a handful of rounds through it.

So what would you say has been your best firearm deal? :D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
My best was a Like New mod. 94 Winchester I bought from a guy that worked where I did for 125.00. He bought it new and hunted one deer season and got to needing money and sold it.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk Convertable .357/9mm for $200, box and all paperwork. Traded a Ruger MK2 and a old Pietta blackpowder revolver for a Flatgate in excellent shape once. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
589 Posts
My best deal would have been my Colt Cobra for $150.00. It would not release the cylinder latch, took me about 30 minuets to fix it and its been running like a top ever since.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bought a Rem 721 in 222 rem for $175 and traded it and $100 for a #1 in 223. The mail man who had it said it wouldn't shoot, it had a bushnell 4 X 12 scope on it, put a leupold 3 X 9 on and cured that problem. Love it!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I bought a used Ruger M-77 RSI for $250.00. The guy needed the money and I had it handy. In some ways I felt guilty, but he really was insistent. If it had been anyone else I would not have bought it, but I knew that he bought it new from a local gunshop..

·
Registered
1 Posts
First is a little gem, a 22 RF semi auto, a TT Olympia by Norinco. I bought it at a now defunct sporting goods store about 4 years ago. Price - $99.99. Just wanted it out of the case I guess. It's never given me any problems and is my go to rimfire pistol for the mountains. Second is a 357 NM Ruger Blackhawk with 6 1/2" bbl. circa 1980. Maybe 96-98%. Bought it at Gander Mt. about a month ago. Went in looking to stock up on some sale priced 22 rimfire ammo and saw it in the case - $159.99. Needless to say after giving it the once over I forgot about the rimfire ammo and started filling out the paperwork. I guess even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

The Preacher

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Speed-Six...

Husband of a lady I've known for years passed away...she contacted me and said he had a few guns, and would I be interested...I stopped by and when I saw the condition of the revolver I was sold...she said she didn't think he had ever fired it...I bought it home and cleaned it...looked very much like the factory lube was still in it...not a scratch on it anywhere...

She did not have the box or papers...I wrote Ruger and they sent me a letter...

Model GS-82...shipped November 1988...

I gave $250 for it...woulda probably given close to twice that...

Dunno why Ruger ever discontinued the "Six" series...people still covet them..

·
Registered
300 Posts
This will be a long trail to follow. I bought a H&R 32 made in the 1930s for $50.00 from a guy at work back in the late 80s A few months later I spotted an ad for a Llama .22 and a Ruger Mk I 22 for sale or trade. Well, I went to see the 22s and both were LNIB. I asked the guy what he wanted to trade for and he replied "a little more firepower", at which point I went and got the H&R out of the car and showed it to him. He fell in love with it and traded BOTH the Llama and the Ruger to me on the spot. Great deal for me right?

A month later I sold the Llama .22 for $150.00. I kept the Ruger MKI for the next 20 years, only cleaning and oiling it, and rarely shooting it. I happened to be surfing the gun auctions a year ago to determine value on the gun and noticed a MK I with a barrel length of 5 1/4 in. selling for $500.00 , so I went and measured mine and Lo & Behold mine was the same. It seems that this is a rare size for a heavy taper barrel or somehing, a collector piece. Took it to Gander Mountain and they bought it for $400.00. It would have been more, but the original box had been used by mice in the garage so I had tossed it long ago.

I bought a P89 with some of the money and set it up with extra mags and a Ruger Hogue grip.

True story.

·
Registered
120 Posts
my flattop 44- paid 300 plus the trade in of a stainless gp-100 for it-and the 44 is in really nice shape

·
Registered
191 Posts
Two old oddball big bore Webley revolvers complete, but disassembled in plastic bags for $200. After cleaning and reassembly they were appraised at $2000. That was 10/12 years ago. I have no idea of the value today.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I picked up a S&W Model 14 last year from a co-worker. It belonged to his grandfather who had just passed away and he didn't want it. It looks to be about 95% with grips that look brand new (but original) and came with a very nice A.E. Nelson shoulder holster and about 200 rounds of .38spl wadcutters. Paid $200 for it all.

Very accurate and solid revolver.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I got a DCM Springfield M1 Garand about 1991 for $165. I think it was brand new and had never been issued as it had sharp machining marks on the bolt and in the action. The barrel date is 1/53 so it missed Korea

I was also had a FFL for several years and would but new expensive guns, shoot them for a while and sell them as used for what I paid wholsale for them. So I got the use of them free. Can not beat that for a deal.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had a M/N M44 that was basically scrap that I paid $29.00 for, and sold that worn out piece of crud to a gun buy-back thingy for $100.00 one time.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Well many years ago, I walked into Montgomery Wards to the gun counter, I look up and there is a Marlin 22LR Semi Auto with a price of $20.00 on it. I asked the clerk what was wrong with it, he replied the bolt is stuck back and we can't figure it out.

Now if any of you ever have had these type of 22's you know that the latch pushes in to lock it in place. I pulled it out and it operated just as it should have. Seems they could have educated their sales staff a bit, but me was very happy when I left the store after paying them the $20.00 for that rifle.

And no, I don't have it any longer either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts