Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your everyday diet? For me I'll eat oatmeal with orange juice and coffee for breakfast. Next I'll make a run to Starbucks for a Venti Latte and a molasses cookie. Maybe a peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch or maybe just put the peanut butter on toast. For dinner maybe leftovers from going out to dinner. We go out to a nice cafe often and I'll only eat a third of it and bring the rest home.

During the day I'll snack on fresh fruit.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'll usually have an egg white sandwich and coffee for breakfast on the way to work. Then a banana or apple before lunch. For lunch it's usually a deli meat sandwich or some leftovers or just a can of soup or salad. Dinner is light, usually just more salad or another sandwich. I usually snack on fruit at work and at home. Plenty of water all day and some tea for digestion. I'm watching my weight these days so dessert only on Sunday. :eek:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
My diet is all over the shop.
When I'm at work I eat when and what I can.
When at home, I eat when and what I want to..... :D

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
my diet could be worse... but it could be better. i usually start with kefir yogurt drink for breakfast, followed by coffee or a coke for my caffeine influx. lunch varies. dinner lately has been a big salad of mixed greens including lots of spinach and my homemade dressing of the kefir yogurt mixed with good quality olive oil, a splash of rice wine vinegar, a sprinkling of pepper, a dollop or two of lowfat cottage cheese. tons of green, and enough protein not to feel snarly (i feel snarly pretty quick when i don't get enough protein).

·
Registered
501 Posts
Forced to a low fat diet due to gall stones, but still a meat and potatoes person. Just have to be careful in my selection.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Coffee and water all day long, cut out all soda. Lunch at work is Ramen everyday (what can I say, it's cheap and tasty). At home it's whatever I make for the wife and I.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Due to the current wonderful economy, my diet consists of a lot of frozen burritos, canned ravioli, and bologna sandwiches. Occaisionally go out for a Subway sub, or Mickey D's.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The wife cooks healthy, lots of greens and salads, but still get my fresh meat.

When I'm at work? I eat when I can. Usually have a couple PBJ sandwiches in the car, some apples and grapes, and 2 gallons of water a shift (it's hot in Arizona with all that gear on). If I get dinner, usually left overs or something quick to pack, pasta with meatballs, tuna salad, etc.

Before work and mornings, always have at least my two cups of coffee. Frosted Flakes are my favorite, but mix it up with hardboiled eggs, frozen pizzas from time to time, and bagels with cream cheese.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I usually have raisin bran with a banana cut up on top and 1 or 2% milk, and a glass of low sodium V8 juice for breakfast. For lunch it is usually fresh fruit and low fat yogurt (today an apple and blueberry yogurt).
My wife is a great cook and we she fixes fairly healthy meals for supper/dinner whatever you call it. Last night is was mac/cheese (homemade), stewed tomatoes (homemade), and kale.
My biggest temptation to eat poorly is in the evening. I love Bryers low fat ice cream - my problem is the quantity that I eat - I find the recommended 1/2 cup serving to be just enough to get me started on a full bowl of it.
Sometimes we have popcorn and I like that Luigis frozen ice.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Coffee and water all day long, cut out all soda. Lunch at work is Ramen everyday (what can I say, it's cheap and tasty). At home it's whatever I make for the wife and I.
I did a few Cup-a-Noodles while I was camping. They are good but a bit salty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts