Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is the taven, what are your favorite foods and drinks?

I like Italian the very best but love a good steak too. :)

Drinks (non-alcoholic) tea, cola and sometimes a cold glass of ice water. Drinks with alcohol: Baileys & Coffee is my favorite though I appreciate a good beer too from time to time. Long Island Ice Teas or Margaritas once in a blue moon.

Snacks: Chips.. sour cream and onion or chili cheese fritos.

What are your favorites? :D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
BBQ...prefer Boston Butt sliced about 2 1/2 knuckles thick...keep grill about 210 deg for about 4 1/2 - 5 hrs.....

Unsweet tea

Vodka Collins.....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I love Pizza, Hot Hoagies, Chicken Wings, Burgers on the grill.
Cold Milk or a Diet Coke. When I'm working, cold water.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I like Pizza. And grilled Burgers rock. I like lots of junk. :D

I drink tons of Diet Pepsi. :rolleyes:

I like Spiced Rum with Root Beer. Gotta be careful with it though. It tastes great. :eek:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I love a lot of stuff. But the one thing over the years that stays with me as a favorite, is big, cold shrimp with very spicy cocktail sauce. I could probably win a contest eating that. Throw in some Sam Adams Winter Lager or the Sam Adams Oktoberfest and I'm happy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Steak, we grow our own beef. Just got one back from packing plant, it dressed out 995 pounds, which equals a live weight of about 2000+ pounds, got some steaks out of that one that will cover a plate. Fresh, boiled shrimp and crawdads would come in close second.

Drink, cold milk, Dr. Pepper and ice tea (unsweatened).

·
Registered
632 Posts
I love good food. BBQ, Italian and Greek are some of my favorites. I basically drink lots of water but I also have an occasional Corona with lime and I like fruity mixed drinks and wine. I'll have to try BH's spiced rum and rootbeer. I used to be a Pepsi fan but I became hooked and that's a lot of calories. Can't stand any kind of diet drink. Oh, I also like deserts but do not partake very often for same reason as the Pepsi. :)

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like a good steak occasionally, venison a bit better than beef. Most types of fish and shrimp is good too but my absolute favorite has to be either fried chicken or Kentucky gray squirrels with gravy, mashed taters and sliced tomatoes. To be honest though, I'll eat just about anything except sushi.:)
Baker

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'd also put okra right next to it.
Natalie, you haven't had okra or "okry" as Jerry Clower called it, fixed right. Get the young tender pods and french fry 'em. They're right tasty. I don't like to pick the itchy little buggers though:)
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes....Steak, macaroni/cheese, spinach, peaches...homemade bread and real butter, and Braums Cherries, Pecans, and Cream...coffee, black and strong...and a warm fireplace to curl up before and sleep it all off......the good life!!!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
favorite has to be American food such as
chicken and dumplin's
chicken fried steak
fried okra
b-bq
appricot cobbler

Don't have a broad experience with other food. never tried greek,
Tried japanese one time at a sho-gun resturant. You know the kind where they have a large grill at the table and the guy is making all kinds of racket shaking and cuttin' and flippin stuff for show. Well the finale was to flip the food in our plates---he missed and it went in my lap.......ain't been back to an asian style place since.....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Can't beat a good mesquite grilled steak, about an inch thick and slathered with sautéed mushrooms and onions. Some hot buttered fresh bread and I'm in heaven. Add in a cold tossed salad with ranch or blu cheese dressing and pecan pie for desert for the king's touch!

·
Banned
186 Posts
Jimbo is the man! The only thing I would change is to add a baked sweet potato.

P.S. Oh almost forgot ice cold beer.
Did I mention ice cold beer?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I love breakfast food...eggs, bacon, pancakes, griddlecakes, etc.

One of my favorite burgers is the Flamethrower at Dairy Queen. Their Peanutbuster parfait is great, too...layers of icecream, peanuts, and chocolate.

I like so many foods...I could spend a long time talking about it...but anything meaty, cheesy, or peanutbuttery are generally favorites.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I think I like Pizza better than anything else! But, I try not to eat it often, as I used to weigh 312 pounds and don't want to weigh that much ever again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts