Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a couple but here is one I had to have but heck if if I know why?
18” Uberti 45 colt, for reference that is a 6” SIngle Six above and a 5.5” 45 below it.
It’s actually kinda fun to mess around with and will be interesting to get info from the chrono someday soon

C36DE7F6-A0CC-4C4E-BD8E-91B2CE9E55BA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,318 Posts
I had a custom rifle built to my exact specs. It started out as a brand new CZ550 Safari Magnum receiver. The rest was put together by a well known smith using a combo of brand name components and hand built parts. The barrel is a medium heavy profile 26" Lilja. The front and express sights are a mix of NECG and handbuilt. The hand made stock is a beautiful piece of dark walnut. Everything was fitted, blueprinted and tuned to perfection. It's a stunning rifle.

So, why do I consider it ridiculous? It's seriously overbuilt for the caliber. It's a 300H&H and weighs a touch over 9lbs empty with a scope. Add a sling and some ammo and it's right at 10lbs. That's crazy big for a .30 caliber rifle and almost the exact same dimensions and weight of a very similar CZ550 375H&H I also own. It's accurate as hell, recoils like 7mm-08 and beautiful to admire. I'm 'stuck' with it forever because no one else will appreciate it for what it is besides me and no one else is stupid enough to reimburse me anything near what I paid for it. Don't get me wrong. I love the rifle but it's the epitome of ridiculous when you step back and view it with an objective eye.

It does have a purpose though. I had it built for a bucket list African plains game hunt. C19 cancelled the hunt but I will reschedule and that big old ridiculous 300H&H will be going with me.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Oh, that one is easy for me. An IMI 9mm UZI. Pure range gun fun.

It is too heavy to carry for caliber. Not accurate at long range. Impossible to add any meaningful sighting system. Encourages ammo consumption and bad behaviour.........and I love it none-the-less.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bonk 10 lbs holy cow! But sounds fun, get that hunt rescheduled!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well I have a couple but here is one I had to have but heck if if I know why?
18” Uberti 45 colt, for reference that is a 6” SIngle Six above and a 5.5” 45 below it.
It’s actually kinda fun to mess around with and will be interesting to get info from the chrono someday soon

View attachment 153005
My Bonds Arms derringer. I knew I always wanted a derringer for historical and collector interest. And, they look cool.
Yesterday, I got a .357/.38 replacement barrel and installed it.

It isn’t zero purpose though. People used single shot pistols for hundreds of years for self defense. It’s just not ideal for that purpose compared to modern weapons.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,556 Posts
Reactions: Jack Ruger

·
Exchequer
4,818 Posts
The Coonan .357 semi-auto sure ain't a carry gun for me, but on the rare occasions that it makes it to the range with me, it sure is a lot of fun. Most expensive pistol in my collection but it puts a you-know-what eatin' grin on my face every time I pull the trigger.

·
Super Moderator
4,238 Posts
I have a lot of candidates, but first prize needs to go to my .50 BMG. It’s a fun gun to play with, but there is no practicality to it, other than it can be cheaper to shoot than a .338 Lapua. And to make matters worse, as those of you who have been following the big big 50 thread, a week or two ago the suppressor came in for it. Doesn’t make it hearing safe by any stretch of the imagination, but it makes me a little more tolerable at the gun club.

·
Registered
505 Posts
My "optics only" 10/22 I just bought a week ago. Like I really need another 10/22. I already have blued + stainless, but I "sold" myself on this one since it has a matte black finish, grey stock, & Ruger-engraved bolt. Radically different! It was also on sale for $20 less, but I spent $10 gas + of course I had to buy it it's own case.
IMG_20210306_172950.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
I actually have two - a Bond Arms derringer and a NAA mini revolver. Both are fun at the range, but I have no practical use for either...

·
Banned
500 Posts
1. H&R 676 with a 12" barrel. It was my dad's first and only handgun. I bought it for his 39th birthday. When he died it became mine.
2 & 3 Browning Buckmarks with 10" barrels. The Silhouette and the Varminteer. Both purchased while I was waiting to find #4.
4. Ruger MK II with 10" barrel.
6. Ruger PC Charger I just bought.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Dessert Eagle in .44 mag and a MAC-10 in .45 ACP. Kept the Dessert Eagle, sold the MAC-10. Eagle does not see much range time but I can't get myself to sell it. It's the one with the Grim Reaper grips and Reaper etched floor plates. I forget what the finish ie called but it looks like something you'd see on a zombie show.

1 - 20 of 150 Posts