Ruger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Years back I decided to be practical and bought a Remington Youth Model 700ADL in .243 Winchester. Every deer I shot was a one shot kill. Went to a gun show a year later and bought its twin in 7mm-08 because they are a great deer rifle. Huh? What? Well...every deer I shot with it was also a one shot kill.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yup ... "no purpose, had to have it" ... I got one of those. A gun show / estate sale find but seemed to be NIB and unfired. An HK MP5 A5, .22 LR, or as we call it HK Rapid Ammo Disposal System. Just what you need during an ammo shortage ... it takes one full box of .22 ammo to load the drum and a box for every two of the mags. And you won't believe how fast you can empty that drum. A great range toy and destroyer of debt cards.

DSCF1486.JPG
DSCF1487.JPG
DSCF1488.JPG

·
"The Real Deal"
8,045 Posts
I forgot, my UZI is number 2 in the useless department, but I do shoot it when I feel like being "that guy", and need some attention.

Number 1 is a short, SXS double barrel .410 coach gun I inherited from my FIL. That puppy was put in the safe and never removed except to oil it.
I find my uzi useful, in particular since i put the red dot on it, never have gotten used to that factory folder on it.

Well mine that i had to have is my 1919a4 in 308. Dont really have a need for it but a beltfed is alot of fun. May come in handy if i have to repel aggressors at the house.

I can say it has gained value by twice since i purchased it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why does that not surprise me? Video games... wtfo?
No different than the Dirty Harry movie days when, for years, S&W could not manufacture enough Model 29’s to meet demand. Based on a fictional movie.

GS

·
Registered
50 Posts
I always liked the concept behind the XP-100, but think they should have used a left-handed bolt
I had one back in the mid 80's it has a Leupold 6x LER scope, being left handed I liked right bolt.
I just got a CZ in .221 Fire ball last year .10" MRT at 100 yards.
One other is a #1 in .300 G&A (aka as .300 Broadcreek) It was a wildcat before Remington came out with the .300 UM.
Shoots a 180 gr bullet at 3200FPS. doesn't get a 100 rounds out of a pound of powder:D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Just had to have a 1927a1 Auto Ordnance Thompson. Heavy (50 rd. drum), bulky and looked odd with the 16.5" barrel. Sold it during the panic buying last year and got my money back. Some modifications, including original GI buttstock with trapdoor, original Lyman rear sight, EZ pull kit and modified the receiver rails to eliminate using a screwdriver to take it down.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had to have a 1927a1 Auto Ordnance Thompson. Heavy (50 rd. drum), bulky and looked odd with the 16.5" barrel. Sold it during the panic buying last year and got my money back. Some modifications, including original GI buttstock with trapdoor, original Lyman rear sight, EZ pull kit and modified the receiver rails to eliminate using a screwdriver to take it down.
View attachment 153555
I had the pistol version with 10" barrel no stock. I had to sell it after NJ decided to ban it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nobody needs to see a photo of another AMT Backup 380, but it's probably the nearest thing to useless I have.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've been wanting to try a optic on a semi auto pistol.

The hellcat seems kinda pricey to 'try', the max 9 looks like a winner, but none to be found. Enter the Taurus G3C TORO!

I've never owned a Taurus, their customer service from what I saw over on their forum is horrendous. I bought one anyway, it's on the way. I don't need it, I won't carry it. But I'll at least get my feet wet in pistol optics. Maybe it'll be my nightstand pistol if it's as reliable as the reviews show.

Reactions: SR40Ohio

·
"The Real Deal"
8,045 Posts
Nobody needs to see a photo of another AMT Backup 380, but it's probably the nearest thing to useless I have.
The smith and wesson sw 380 is far worse, on line with a jennings in my opinion. Had one and it was horrible.

Reactions: needsmostuff

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
My Rossi Overland 12GA SxS exposed hammer Coach gun. Near mint, LGS took it in trade and I had to have it. I think I have fired it once. I like to look at it though!
Sounds like a good gun for Nitro Mags LOL 😆

·
Registered
6 Posts
My "Han Solo Blaster" This is a Ruger Mark ii Government Target Model with Volquartsen grips, Volquartsen Comp, a B-Square Mount and a Bushnell Pistol scope. When I saw it, I had to have it. After I tore it down, it was very dirty inside and needed some replacement parts including a Mark 4 bolt because the original was damaged. Also added a Volquartsen Target Trigger, Sear, Extended Bolt release, Target Hammer, Extended Mag Release, SureStrike Firing Pin, Hammer Strut Support, Sear Pivot Pin, Firing Pin Spring, Firing Pin Stop and Bolt Racker. Shoots smooth like butter!!!
20210303_124803.jpg

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Like the O.P. I have an Uberti Cattleman Buntline but mine's in .44 Magnum and has the removable stock. Impractical as all heck but still fun at the range!
Overpaid for an Iver Johnson Champion 16 gauge single shot shotgun. Already had a better one in the collection but couldn't pass up the serial number. I won't say the SN but late production Champions had an Alpha substitution using the word FITCHBURG where F=1 and G=9. The SN on this gun translates to 17.
Also overpaid for another IJ Champion Matted Rib 20 gauge single shot but I was in a rush for the right gun to put a vintage accessory onto that's impractical by todays standards but gets looks at the range....

alofs_installed[1].jpg

Then there's the time I bought a pistol that I can't even shoot.....
IJ_TP=25_left[1].jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh, boy... where do I start? Guess I'll go to the most recent: A TriStar KRX Tactical mag fed 12 gauge - for when you absolutely, positively have to dispose of 12 ga. ammo, 10 rounds at a time. Sorry, no photo of this one.

The next one back is something I'll probably never use as a carry gun, but what the heck, it was there so I bought it.

Or the terminally pitted 1937 Brazilian Contract S&W .45 ACP revolver that looks like something out of Fallout...

I could go on and on since I've been buying rediculous no purpose guns for many, many years... :D

101 - 120 of 150 Posts