Ruger Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
Vaquero 44mag & 44spl, Single-Six, Single-Ten, Wrangler, MkII, American 45, 10-22, Charger, 77-357.
464 Posts
Piranha451 - we have two of the High Standards in our museum collection - came from a prison shotgun set we took in as a donation, for some unknown reason.
For myself, it may be the two revolvers I've just asked to buy...

·
Registered
6 Posts
For me, it would have to be my hi-point 995 carbine.

Didnt know anything about it. Saw it in a local pawn shop and it was so ugly i asked to hold it. Had a 160.00 price tag on it . . the clerk told me he would go down to 140.00, i said all i have is 80.00 on me and he said sure lol . . so i dont know why, but i bought it.

since then, i have swapped it into a HTA Bulpup stock and its now one of the funnest guns to shoot in my little collection . .. ugly donkey dong magazine and all lmao

·
Registered
53 Posts
You have no sense of adventure. Contrary to what one might think, I get a lot of use out on my long barrel guns. Even got me a 6” barrel NAA Hogleg. Shoot, I spent over 1000 rds the first 2 days I had it. Good little vest pocket gun. Blast to shoot. (Also partially pictured above.)

As for the 10.5” 44 magnum and the 8-3/8” 500 magnum, outside of the fact I find them just as much fun on my range, I’m looking forward to deer season with my sons.

Quite frankly, I’d get bored pretty fast without my exotic guns to play with.
@

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most of mine. I guess the 450 Bushmaster is the worst, but it's the most fun to shoot. I have a half dozen that I've never had a chance to shoot.

·
Registered
21 Posts

Didnt know anything about it. Saw it in a local pawn shop and it was so ugly i asked to hold it. Had a 160.00 price tag on it . . the clerk told me he would go down to 140.00, i said all i have is 80.00 on me and he said sure lol . . so i dont know why, but i bought it.

since then, i have swapped it into a HTA Bulpup stock and its now one of the funnest guns to shoot in my little collection . .. ugly donkey dong magazine and all lmao

View attachment 155157

View attachment 155158

View attachment 155159
That’s a great price for a fun gun

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ok, I’ll bite. My Ruger LCR in .327 mag. I was intrigued by the ballistics and caliber, and am impressed by them, but have no practical reasons to carry it over other handguns I own. I guess I should include my lcr in .22 mag for the same reasons.

Reactions: MadViking

·
Registered
483 Posts

View attachment 155157

View attachment 155158

View attachment 155159
Honestly though, if I saw one at that price I'd buy it. Here's why, I'd like a 9 mm carbine, but I simply refuse to pay the $600-1000 cost that the big brand ones cost.

Is yours reliable?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Honestly though, if I saw one at that price I'd buy it. Here's why, I'd like a 9 mm carbine, but I simply refuse to pay the $600-1000 cost that the big brand ones cost.

Is yours reliable?
IMO they are ugly as sin
they feel heavier then they need to be
the triggers are absolutely awful
the stock has that stupid spring loaded butt pad that did nothing but pinch the inside of my shoulder
the iron sites in its stock form are weird
the magazines are only single stack so you are forced to use these awkward looking red ball magazines

and despite all that, they really are awesome carbines especially when you consider the price. Instead of dropping 600+ you can get two of these things, possible even 3 if you shopped around the used market good (pre-covid)

its 100% reliable and eats everything i have put in it. Aluminum case, steel case, whatever. . . and really, they are just a blast to shoot. I would recommend them to anyone. HiPoint love or hate them has the absolute best customer service you can ask for. IF things go back to normal ever, i really want to get another one in .45ACP

I hate hipoint handguns, but i fully stand behind their carbines.

The HTA stock eliminated some of the issues i had with the factory stock as well, but just know that if you pay retail for the gun, then another 249.00 for the stock.... you are back in the price range of those more expensive carbines. These are certainly one of those guns where i would shop them around in used condition to find an even cheaper price. But people who own them, dont like to sell them.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts