Ruger Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought a Savage Scout in ..233 that shoots like a dream with Irons at 50 to 100 yrds which is the best of my ability. I should add it feeds very reliably with MDT mags too. It would make for a great utility rifle in my parts but unfortunately moved to town so only use it for the occasional 3 gun match. Under the leather cover I have a sims vibration slip on pad. I turned the brake into a muzzle protector since the noise it created was incredible requiring double ear protection. Its a lot of fun though!
Great rifle but only sees range time.

It makes me think of a modern day Jungle Carbine.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Coonan .357 semi-auto sure ain't a carry gun for me, but on the rare occasions that it makes it to the range with me, it sure is a lot of fun. Most expensive pistol in my collection but it puts a you-know-what eatin' grin on my face every time I pull the trigger.

Looks like the Master Blaster thought it was fun also !:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is a great thread. Thanks to the OP for starting it and to the community for keeping it going.

My NAA mini 22LR and my Bond Arms 9mm Roughneck tie for top honors in the ridiculous-useless-but-had-to-have-it category.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My 257 Roberts built on a commercial Mauser action, with ER Shaw 5R barrel, and Timney trigger. Didn’t need it, as I have other rifles to hunt with, just wanted it. That’s as good a reason as any!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love 45 ACP, but never like Polymer pistols. When M&P45 dropped out of California approved handgun listing, I search high and low and overpaid big time locally. I guess when someone told me that I cannot have it, I became more desperate to own one.

Only saw on range trip and It's now just sitting at the bottom of my gun safe.

161 - 170 of 170 Posts