Ruger Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2015 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
... then back to Led Zeplin. At least, kind of.
It's their piece, but rocked out by a wicked good cellist with an orchestra.

·
One Star
9,876 Posts

·
One Star
9,876 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,985

·
One Star
9,876 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
I don't relate to the culture represented in this video. I'm decades older. I don't even understand all the lyrics. I never lived in Seattle, though I visited it multiple times for music events, but I did live in Portland -- south of there on the Columbia River -- for a while. (Glad to be well east of there now, on the other side of the continent.). But I was exposed it. Hipsters everywhere. But I just like this because it's got rhythm, some rap lite, and soul with a break beat. And some attitude.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The live unchained stuff

Dancing and playing in front of stacks will do this to you

I know these things from experience

·
Registered
510 Posts
What I'm listening to at the moment. I know, it's a boring track.

Seriously. Creepy piano. Less than 3 min. Random percussion.

·
One Star
9,876 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Regardless of what one might think of the lyrics, ^that's^ a brilliant, well-produced video.

I'll see what I can find that's worthy of a followup. Might take a day or two ..

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
This one is for my friend Waveform, aside from being a gun nut, he was also a horn player as am I. Sometimes our conversations drifted off into music, so I thought this particular song was appropriate for his passing. Gods speed Wave.

·
Registered
510 Posts
^^ Stunning. Simply stunning. ^^
Brought tears to my eyes.

I was hoping someone who knew Waveform would post something in this thread for him. I know he posted here. Need to surf back through to see what songs/tracks.

I remember listening to that song, and the entire album (back when vinyl was still all there was, and the Internet didn't yet exist) on the planes of N TX, on a home stereo system at a loud volume while sitting in an easy chair between the speakers, in a rickity, leaky, rental house ($95/mo) near the end of a deadend road in a small town (so no close neighbors) during grad school.

Blew me away then. Blows me away now. Pink Floyd pushed the bar up two full notches with their music. So amazing that the original members still play it and feel every note, every change.

Reactions: Mark204

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,999
jimmy page 1957

Reactions: gunjunkie

·
Registered
510 Posts
^That^ looks like Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin. The eyes.

Could it be?

Here's Grand Funk Railroad. I saw them live before I saw Zeppelin.

1981 - 2000 of 2015 Posts