Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was our County's Sportsmen's Youth Field Day. It's an annual free event for kids ages 6 > 16. All of the sportsmen's clubs donate there time and talents to an average of 150/200 "fairly" well behaved kids.

Every child has the chance to fire around 100 rounds of ammo, at the stages of Sporting Clays,Flint-Lock,Turkey,.22 Pistol,.22 Rifle. As well as Archery,Canoeing,obstacle course,Trapping,Fishing,Dog Trial,and Fly-tying presentations. Every-one gets a hat and T-shirt as well as lunch. The clubs all donate prizes of bicycles,youth bows, and fishing out-fits, and camping equipment.

Our club ran the .22 rifle event. The targets were palm sized ballons at 25yds. and brightly painted,(empty), propane tanks at 100yds. I don't know who had the most fun, the kids or us old timers coaching them into "PINGING" the 100yd. targets with open sights. Seems every year the girls out-shoot the boys.

This was one of our best years, as far as having the parents walk around with thier kids and not just use the event as a baby sitting service. I never heard the words THANK YOU, so many times in my life.

My youngest had his 31st birthday today, but I feel like a little kid after all of todays happenings. I'm already looking forward to next year... [8D]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Shoot!!!!!! I want to go!
Sounds like fun all the way around.

Proud to know that you and your clubs are able to offer your time and services for a good cause such as that!
Flint-lock------that raised my eyebrows!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
glad ya'll had fun, great to have clubs that help out and work with each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts