Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up a NIB SP101 from gunbroker.com at a great price, but reckoned the tolerances could be improved a bit. did some research here, mic'd the clearances, and contacted their service dept. they sent me a prepaid label, i shipped the gun back w/letter (below) and it was returned today.

i shipped it on 11/30, they rec'd it 12/2, shipped back to me on 12/4, rec'd today. wow, really fast turnaround - couldn't be happier. the tech adjusted the cylinder fit, and replaced the pawl and cylinder latch. my revolver now feels as it should, perfect.

here's the letter i sent (less the salutation, gun particulars and closing), to the point and no drama.

--- I feel the cylinder endplay is excessive. With the cylinder held to the rear, the bore-to-cylinder clearance measures .008 / .0085 and when pushed forward measures .003inches. The resulting total end play is approximately .005+ and seems too large in my view for a new, unfired weapon.

Also, with the hammer down and trigger pulled back, the cylinder can be rotated an amount that seems excessive. I have a new Ruder LCRx that I can compare to and the endplay on that weapon is very little, with zero rotational movement. That is, excellent “lockup”. ---

they've got a customer for life!

regards,
bob p

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Excellent.

They are the best!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Agreed! +1 for Ruger CS. They treated me right too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts