Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm gettin' old but what's this whole zombie thing about?
All the gun stores have zombie targets and you see reference to zombies in some threads here on the forum.
I don't get it:confused:

·
Republican!!!
11,412 Posts
Revenue! It's a fad and a marketing scheme to sell more stuff. But check out the zombie ammo. It's good stuff and often cheaper! :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh no, my first thoughts were, NOT ANOTHER ZOMBIE THREAD..... :rolleyes:
I'm relieved..... :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was a zombie fan before it became 'fashionable', but it's like anything that becomes popular and marketers figure they can utilize to market their goods.

I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead, and I ordered one of these after seeing it on the television show. So the marketing must work, as Gerber took notice quickly. :eek:

I'm not a hunter, and not much of the typical outdoors type in general. So I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it if we don't have a Zombie apocalypse soon. :D

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh no, my first thoughts were, NOT ANOTHER ZOMBIE THREAD..... :rolleyes:
that was mine as well. i wish this zombie thing would just go away....and fwiw i LOVE Romero's movies

·
Registered
583 Posts
I enjoyed The Walking Dead Season One and Two, but I have never bought zombie merchandise.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I was a zombie fan before it became 'fashionable', but it's like anything that becomes popular and marketers figure they can utilize to market their goods.

I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead, and I ordered one of these after seeing it on the television show. So the marketing must work, as Gerber took notice quickly. :eek:

I'm not a hunter, and not much of the typical outdoors type in general. So I have no idea what the hell I'm going to do with it if we don't have a Zombie apocalypse soon. :D
How does a bag of knives make for a good Zombie kit? I would definitely have a shotgun in the mix. Also some holy water, silver bullets, wooden stakes, garlic, crucifix. Vampires and Zombies are kind of the same, right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I too love the show, The Walking Dead. If the merchandise helps the firearm related businesses and gets people to shoot more, I'm all for it. That said, I haven't bought any zombie themed merchandise either.

Kenny

·
Registered
435 Posts
Its a zombie thing, you wouldnt understand...
Kinda obvious but, no one says you have to buy it.

I dont get the whole "wood and blued steel" thing, but I dont complain about it ether..... I just go about my life and buy the awesome zombie targets and "zombie green" gear because I like the way it looks.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I may be showing my age, but I remember that song..... :eek:
I well remember that song - that was from my time!

As to these modern Zombies or whatever they are - I am glad this post wasn't really about Zombies - There may soon be an Apocalypse, but it isn't going to be Zombies you will need to worry about.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts