Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a lcr 9mm a little over a month ago, i have been using freedom munitions in it with great results. i have found some of this zqi 123 grain nato ammo. is this too hot for the little lcr or would it be ok? thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Although it's rated for +P loads, keep your eye on the crane release button pin (part #28 in your manual). Mine has a tendency to work loose when using Magtech +Ps. If it falls out you will probably never find it. Some Loctite should resolve the issue, I just haven't got around to it yet.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
i just got a lcr 9mm a little over a month ago, i have been using freedom munitions in it with great results. i have found some of this zqi 123 grain nato ammo. is this too hot for the little lcr or would it be ok? thanks
Let us know how ZQI 123 gr performs in your LCR9.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great stuff! At 36,950 psi rating it far exceeds Saami rating of 35,000 psi for standard ammo so it is definitely +P...
This ammo was dropped by Wall Mart recently and is difficult to find. It is manufactured with quality components and the primers are sealed as is the case to bullet. The only possible drawback is that the primers are "hard" so make sure that they ignite easily in your pistol..
Ruger makes "heck for stout" firearms so you'll be fine..

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let us know how ZQI 123 gr performs in your LCR9.
I know it's been a while since I started this thread but I have an update so I thought I would post. I never followed up on the post back then because Wal Mart stopped carrying it and i never could find any to really put to the test. Today I went and my local Wal Mart has bunches of this stuff and now there is no limit on any ammo. It's $0.30 more than Federal brass and $1.30 more than Federal aluminum at $10.27 a box. But i like that the primer and bullet have a sealant on them as well as they are 123 grain. I bought a bunch and this stuff has power, it has more umph than the Federal and is just as accurate. I will be buying more as funds allow, just wished they made a hollowpoint. I had no trouble with blown primers as some reports have stated, I has easy extraction from the cylinder, all in all just a good time with ZQI ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts