Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
SBH, SP101, GP100, AR MPR, G19.5, G20.4
5,584 Posts
Simple laws of physics that can’t be discounted. If you’ve heard a normal length 44 magnum fired then you know what a short barreled gun will sound like.

· Registered
5,584 Posts
Not much!?!?! You went from magnum power to less than special power. And a handgun, even the 44 magnum is marginal for brownies.
Power wise you’d be better off with a 10mm auto than a stubble 44m, and have more to throw at yogy before he eats you.

· Registered
5,584 Posts
A 44 Magnum may be marginal, according to you, but they are fun to shoot. 300 gr. FPSP will do the job according to me, who has never even seen any bear in the woods.
The thread has become under the pretense of protection in the woods. To say a castrated 44m is good enough could be fatal in the Rockies.
Go over Beartooth Pass on the Montana/Wyoming border and count the bear warning signs and get back to us. And count the bear attacks within 100 miles of there over the last decade.
And I have 44 magnum Super Blackhawk loaded very stout on me and my motorcycle when I camp there.

Reactions: Tacky

· Registered
5,584 Posts
Both. I am not an expert but this year took a keen interest. "Most" I am not sure of, but none of those I read about were knowingly provoked by "cuddly bear" types. Usually, semi experienced outdoors people, unkowingly wrong place wrong time. Frequency increase seems relative to growing male bear populations. Though all of this is non expert, idiot reading recent bear news.
Couldn’t say it better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts