Ruger Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
You Get what you pay for!!!!

The BX Trigger is a fine piece of injection molded plastic. In a 10/22 the trigger pack is great but again you get what you pay for. Buy a Kidd or a Volquartsen and it is a different animal metal and precision, a Ruger BX and you get plastic. I have all three in various rifles, and as a Bad Arse Mofo tack driving master class super extra double ninja shooter I can tell you from absolute certainty the best trigger group made, is the one that can give you one hole groups. That said I am am not quite up to PAR with my Bad Arse super ninja skills, and to say any of the triggers are better than the other would be misleading. I wish I could love the Kidd, Volquartsen, or Ruger BX as the best I shoot all three triggers the same and though the feel is different as well as price I have to say they are all great products and don't be mislead into thinking your better than your trigger group. Anyone want to talk scopes next?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The BX trigger does make a big difference. I have one in one of my 10/22's. The other has a Volquartsen trigger kit and it's much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have a BX in a SS Takedown and have not shot it, I have a second uninstalled BX. Finally I have a Powder River Precision trigger, metal parts, a swoopy trigger guard. It will go in my straight wood stocked Takedown (model 11187) but not there yet.
I only have three 10/22's, so I might modify them all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the price, it's great. Much better than the original and much cheaper than trying to do all the work to make the original better (unless you work REALLY cheap). I'm sure you're aware of the more expensive options that may be better and you didn't ask about them so, no comment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For the price it is a huge improvement over factory. The question you have to ask is a Volquartsen at twice the cost twice the trigger? I don't think so.

Now not all BX triggers are created equal. I have a Cabelas nearby. I sort through their on shelf stock and pick out the best one out of the bunch.

But I will have to say that the worse BX trigger in stock is better than any factory trigger.

·
Registered
76 Posts
:):):thumbsup:BX trigger worked wonders for me. It was the first upgrade I made to the gun and recommend it for everyone. If I were to purchase another 1022 I would order a BX trigger even before I bought the gun.It helps prevent you from pulling your shots, it eliminated all my shots pulling low and right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BX trigger is Great

Got this in my charger and it has a 2 lb 6 oz pull. It came standard in a Charger Lite that I bought from Davidson's that shipped to my local dealer. I've seen this trigger upgrade selling for less than $60 (Grabagun.com). I think also CDNN Sports is selling if for less than $60.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bozz48,
Why shouldn’t you use the Volquartsen spring that comes with the kit?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I installed the power custom hammer, sear, shims and springs and really like it. I have not tried the BX but looks like an easy way to improve the trigger.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have tried a BX trigger at Cabela's, and will say it is better than the stock trigger n my 10-22, but before the BX, I installed a Volquartsen Target Hammer, and it tamed my rifle's trigger pull to a nice 3 lbs! It cost less than te BX, and was worth the money, I think. :)[/QU

Agreed 100%

·
Registered
76 Posts
BX trigger works great is easy to install, I have them installed on my two and they make them more fun to shoot and they are reliable. You can get a better trigger group from other manufacturers but they get expensive. If you get a better trigger later on you will have no trouble selling your used BX trigger. They do not wear out.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts